Our quiche uses fewer eggs and less cheese than the traditional version without losing any of the flavor. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend breakfast!
Recipe Nutritional Information:
Calories per Serving: 510
Estimated Total Preparation Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
1 9-inch whole-wheat pie shell, slightly thawed (available at Whole Foods)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 medium zucchini, diced
Salt and pepper
8 oz whole milk
4 oz half and half
2 oz grated gruyere cheese
1. Cut onion in half, peel, and slice. Dice zucchini.
2. Heat a sauté pan to a high heat. Add olive oil.
3. Add onion and sweat.
4. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook for two minutes, tossing a few times. Set vegetables aside.
6. Beat three eggs, add in whole milk and half and half, and incorporate with a whisk.
7. Fold in grated cheese and a few dashes of grated nutmeg.
8. Line the bottom of the pie shell with zucchini and onion and top with egg custard.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes.
10. Check doneness with a skewer. When done, set aside to cool slightly. Serve warm to room temperature in four equal slices.