This Asian-inspired dish is rich is protein, making for a filling meal. Though it’s designed to have a nice kick, cut back on the chili paste or hot sauce if you’re not a spicy-food lover.
Recipe Nutritional Information:
Estimated Total Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Calories per Serving: 529
1 package (about 12 oz) firm tofu
6 oz ground pork
2 tbsp peanut or sesame oil
1 large leek, quartered
2 cups haricot verts (small green beans)
1/4 cup chili soybean paste (can substitute 1 tbsp hot sauce)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp toasted crushed peppercorns
1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Drain tofu and slice into cubes. Cover with water.
2. In skillet or wok, stir fry pork on medium high heat until no longer pink.
3. Add oil and when hot, add leek, chili paste, garlic, pepper, and green beans. Stir fry one minute.
4. Add broth and bring to boil.
5. Drain tofu and add to pan, simmer 5 minutes. Divide into two equal portions and serve.