If you haven’t tried quinoa, here’s your chance to sample this complete protein, which contains all nine amino acids. Its nutty flavor complements the tangy mango and zesty rosemary chicken, adding up to a delicious meal you’ll want to make again.
Recipe Nutritional Information:
Estimated Total Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Calories per Serving: 516
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tbsp fresh rosemary
4 cups quinoa, cooked
1 fresh mango, pitted and chopped
1 small cucumber, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
¼ cup scallions, diced finely
½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp mango preserves (can substitute apricot if mango not available)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in medium skillet. Add chicken and rosemary, sautéing until just cooked through. Set aside to cool.
2. Place cooked quinoa in large bowl and add mango, cucumber, and scallions.
3. Add chicken, mixing well.
4. Fold in cottage cheese, remaining olive oil, and mango preserves, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
5. Divide into four equal portions and serve in bowls.