This take on a traditional fig and bacon wrap uses turkey bacon to cut the fat. It’s a great lunch option to put together the night before or a light dinner option.
Recipe Nutritional Information:
Estimated Total Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Calories per Serving: 552
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
½ cup dried figs, finely diced
2 oz goat cheese, softened
2 slices low-fat turkey bacon, well-cooked, crumbled
4 cups raw baby spinach
2 tbsp low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
2 large whole-wheat wraps (approx 10-inch diameter)
1. Toast walnuts in a toaster oven, lightly oiled skillet or the oven until lightly browned.
2. Meanwhile, combine figs, goat cheese, and turkey bacon in a large bowl.
3. Add baby spinach, mixing well, and fold in toasted walnuts.
4. Add balsamic vinaigrette, mixing until thoroughly coated.
5. Place each wrap on a large plate. Add half the fig mixture to the center of each wrap.
6. Fold each wrap and cut in half lengthwise. Serve with a side of roasted veggies or a side salad for a simple dinner.