These tasty fish kebabs are a snap to grill, great leftover on a salad, and are great for summer evenings when you want to keep the heat of cooking outside the house!
Recipe Nutritional Information:
Estimated Total Preparation Time: 1 hour
Calories per Serving: 487
1 cup uncooked basmati rice
6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped (minced)
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 ½ lbs cod, cut into cubes
4 tbsp canola oil (for oiling grill)
1. Combine the yogurt with garlic, curry powder, and lemon juice.
Tip: Mix in a zip top bag to save time; just be sure it’s large enough!
2. Place fish and yogurt mixture in a large zip top bag (if you haven’t already!) seal and squeeze things around gently for a minute or so to make sure everything is coated.
3. Place the marinating fish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Also soak bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
4. Prepare basmati rice according to the package directions. When done, leave covered to stay warm but be sure to fluff before serving.
5. Place the marinated fish pieces onto wooden skewers.
6. Prepare grill by preheating and applying canola oil to the cooking surface – ‘natural non-stick.’
7. Grill fish kebabs for 5 minutes each side. Season lightly with salt and serve over the rice. Yum!