In the mood for fish tonight? Try this scrumptious recipe with lots of veggies to keep things healthy.
Recipe Nutritional Information:
Calories per Serving: 506
Estimated Total Preparation Time: 35 minutes
4, 6-ounce bass filets
6 small red potatoes, scrubbed
1 leek (use white part and light green part only)
½ lb shiitake mushrooms (stems removed), sliced
3 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp canola oil
Salt and pepper
1. Remove dark green portion of the leek as well as a small portion of the root end. Cut the leek in half lengthwise.
2. Clean by rinsing under cold water. Pat dry and thinly slice into half-moon shapes.
3. Remove shiitake stems and discard. Slice mushrooms and set aside.
4. Dice potatoes into ½-inch chunks and set aside. Peel ginger and mince; set aside.
5. In a sauté pan on medium heat, sauté potatoes in 3 tbsp oil until just slightly tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Add leeks and sweat for an additional 6 to 8 minutes. Remove leeks and potatoes from pan and reserve.
7. Season fish with salt and pepper and place on a hot grill; cook for 8 to 10 minutes (4 to 5 minutes per side).
8. While fish is cooking, sauté mushrooms in a pan with 1 tablespoon canola oil on high heat for 2 minutes.
9. Add ginger, reduce heat to medium, and cook 1 minute.
10. Add leeks and potatoes back into the pan and heat for 2 minutes, or until potatoes are desired tenderness.
11. Serve individual portions of fish over mushroom-potato mixture on four plates.